WELCOME TO MY BLOG!!!

Monday, March 2, 2009

Web Critique: Stockyard Institute Chicago

Content:
The site begins with a mission statement making its purpose clear from the moment you enter the site. The tabs are clear and easy to see so that one looking at the site can easily navigate. There is just enough information to understand the site and to get interested. If you need to ask questions there are clear links to reach someone.

Layout:
I actually really like the layout. When the opening page of Stockyard loads onto the computer screen it is instantly clear how to search for information involving the Stockyard Institution. They do not have too much info on any of their tabs making their site easy to navigate.

Design:
Design wise...I am quite drawn to the site. I like the rough feel...with photo image and cutout color. When you click on Press and Contact there are no images. I do wish they would have put images on those two links as well...I mean...why wouldn't you? :)

2 comments:

  1. I like the clarity of the site too, Jess. And I always wonder about things like the press and contact page having no images. When a site is created, you know that certain components are going to be high-traffic. so while you want them to be clear, why not make them visually cool too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, and why does the "resources" link have to take you to a whole new site? the change in design was jarring to me and i got confused.

    ReplyDelete